Beauties & Beaties

Friday, March 24, 2006

That's What I Like About You

This week's post is somewhat of a follow up to the last Beauty vs. The Beast topic. Instead of naming the three most annoying traits of the opposite sex, Cissa Fireheart and Phred were given the task of naming the three most endearing qualities in the opposite sex. This time it is Ladies first so on with the show.

She said: The three most endearing qualities of the opposite sex? Wow, are there any? Just kidding, but this is a most thought provoking question. Now I have been in my share of relationships....so judging from what I can remember of those relationships and my marriage to Hubby for over 7 years, I'll give it a go:

1. When they have a passion for something and they REALLY give it their all - I'm not just talking about in the bedroom, although when a man gives it his all in bed, a woman usually will be brought to a true, toe-curling, involuntary-bucking-of-the-body orgasm. But primarily, for the sake of this topic, I also mean in his work, his hobbies, anything he feels a passion for and needs to put effort in. Seeing that a man truly cares about something (other than making his penis happy) and then makes effort to do his best with it is endearing...which leads to attractiveness for me. Unless it's something gross like....snot statues or backyard amateur wrestling....no matter how much passion a man has for something, if it's a gross thing, then it just becomes creepy.

2. Confidence -- not to be confused with total arrogance. A man who is confident - whether it be about his looks, sexuality (no matter what preference he may have), his ability to do a task, or his confidence in the Dolphins/Patriots game outcome, it is endearing to see a man who feels like there is nothing to worry about. You can tell a confident man by three things: he'll look you in the eyes when he talks, he'll stand straight and not slouch, and he won't fidget with his body parts (hands, face, genitalia) And confidence is sexy.

3. Sense of Humor - yep, you knew I was gonna say it. But I don't mean the guys who think they are undiscovered stand-up comics, or the ones who fart and belch in the middle of a fancy restaurant and feign innocence. I don't mean "trying to be funny" sense of humor. I mean when a guy can take a joke, and give a zinger right back. Like, when a man's buddies give him shit about being pussy whipped by his wife/girlfriend and he smiles and retorts that at least he's getting pussy, unlike his friends. He doesn't mind a little humiliation, isn't afraid to laugh at stuff, and can see humor in everyday things. Yes a guy who is funny is great at first. But constant jokes and slapstick gets old fast. It's much more endearing to see that a guy can take a joke and laugh with the rest of the crowd. It's more attractive if a guy thinks the same things you find amusing are just as much for him as well. I find a laughing man endearing. As long as his laugh doesn't sound like a hyena or a donkey on a kicking spree....

So there you have it Ladies and Gents. My top 3 endearing qualities in a man. I luckily have all 3 and more wrapped in a handsome package I call my husband. Sorry to disappoint any hot single guys out there who may have all the criteria to fit my attraction. This hot mom is taken!

He said:
A woman should be at peace with herself. In other words..if she does not like who she is, why should I ? She should not be impressed with or call attention to her physical beauty. Beauty is only skin deep , right ? Something like, hefty boobs, are just icing on the cake. A woman that is not happy with what or who she is .. is going to be hard to please.

A woman should have a meek and quiet spirit. The meek shall inherit the Earth''. I don`t mean she cannot talk or have an opinion. Just don`t scream your opinion at me, I am a better listener if you approach things more calmly. If she is loud and boisterous, most probably, I am going on the defensive , or at least tune it out. Nagging , bitching, and being argumentative are not going to endear you to me.

A woman should have a servants heart. I did not say the heart of a slave. Those are two different things. She should have the desire to please her mate. An example of this would be.. she should consider homemaking a high and noble calling. If she chooses to work outside the home, then she would look at her job the same way. These things are her contribution , and she should want to make this effort. An example of the other end of this spectrum would be a woman laying around a trashed out living room in her housecoat and fuzzy slippers, sucking on a 72 oz. Dr. Pepper, watching Jerry Springer.

I was limited here to 3 things that would endear me to a woman. A couple of things that did not make the top 3 were...A woman that will raise the toliet lid after she is finished. It`s just as easy for her to raise it as it is for me to lower it. A woman who is spontaneous.( Let`s get in the car and go to Vegas).

25 Comments:

Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Good job Cissa and Phred. Only a couple of pointers. Cissa,if I fidget with my genitilia in public it is showing extreme confidence and Phred, I hope the hate mail is sent to you and not me. I am not sure how big my inbox is. Great going guys, I thought this was just going to be a little cutesy subject before I start passing out some really controversial ones but both of you made it a post to remember. Thanks a lot. You both ROCK.

4:31 AM  
Anonymous tubawench said...

Fireheart is right on the money. A man with passion, confidence, and a sense of humor is the ultimate sexy man. I, too, am lucky to have found one of those. And Phred is right that a woman who is content with herself is easier to be around. I have also learned that I can get my point across a lot better when I do it quietly, as Phred suggests.

And on a side note, if I'm at a guy's house, I'll leave the seat where I found it, but in a house of two sexes the seat should be left down. There is nothing worse than going for a midnight pee and nearly falling into the toilet when you sit down. Of course at my house the seat and the lid both stay down because of the cats. Hubby and I both have to lift to use.

4:37 AM  
Blogger Dr. Cissa Fireheart said...

Wow, I LOVE the sailor picture you used, Fuzz!! Made me glad Hubby will be home from overnight duty tonight! LMAO

I think Phred has a point about the "servant desire". It's similar to my "giving your all" concept. No matter what a woman does, if she truly puts her heart into it, it's endearing. At least that's how I percieved what Phred was saying. Of course, I am a Domestic Engineer myself, so I have to put my all into it. Although some days I LOVE to be the couch potato....bust most days I am not. As Hubby. The house is cleaned and I loveto cook for him. Doesn't make me a slave, just makes me want to make him happy.

So yeah Phred, I dig what you're saying. I'll help defend you from the hatemail, man!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Dr. Cissa Fireheart said...

p.s. that was fun Fuzz!! I'd love to be a Beauty again anytime!

5:05 AM  
Blogger Ranea said...

Great job guys!
Fireheart, I agree if a man can make me laugh ang laugh at himself, without trying to be Howie Mandel. He's a keeper!
Phred, I think your opening lines are a little harsh. But the heart felt meaning is there.
But one thing - I'll stop sucking on the 72 oz. D.P. when you stop sucking on the Tallboy!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Big D said...

Hefty boobs. Hell yeah!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Vic said...

Very nice! I'm with Cissa. The passion and the sense of humor get me every time. You go girl!

Now Phred, I'm with you on the peace stuff, but meek? Come on? Upon further investigation I see that you don't really mean meek, you just didn't want to put "Don't be a bitch" in bold letters. I'm willing to bet you'd like the screaming if I was bent over a chair in that french maid outfit while I was doing it! ;-) Yeah, I probably shouldn't have said that last thing.

6:31 AM  
Blogger phred said...

I knew I might should of explained myself more...
Ladies, Do Not take my post the wrong way.
You might desire some or all of the same qualities in your man. These qualities don`t make you 2 nd class, only More desirable.

Cissa. Good job. I will try to remember all your points and put them into play. Lord knows ...I want my woman to be Happy. Oh, I will try to look you in the ''eye'' when I talk to you.
Again, good job.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous tubawench said...

Definition 1 of meek: showing patience and humility. Not bad qualities, as long as they are not carried to extreme, e.g. "use me as a doormat."

6:45 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

You both did great! Right on the money! But Phred, hubby came already trained to put the toliet seat back down. I am not going to mess with that! ;)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Green Eyes said...

Great job, guys!

Phred: I got what you were saying, no hate mail from me, but no one would ever call me meek! lol

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Bruce said...

What's wrong with amateur backyard wrestling? ;)

8:31 AM  
Blogger KC said...

Great post by both of you!

There really is nothing better than a man with a sense of humor, passion, and confidence. OK, maybe I'd add to that a superior intellect. I am immensely attracted to smart men. Hubby is a polymath and I love it!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Curare_Z said...

Hear Hear! I'm with KC -- extreme intelligence is a HUGE turn on to me. If you can't tie your shoes, I'm not interested.

As for Phred's comments re: women: as a woman...I totally agree with all three points. I'm not what you would call "quiet" or "meek," but I've learned the value of a soft nudge. And all I really care about in this world is making The Antidote happy. Luckily, he subscribes to the belief that "if the woman is happy the family is happy." Best of both worlds for me! :-)

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Bruce said...

To get serious for a second... I consider myself to be very smart(although some people would argue that at times), and I love being challenged intellectually by women. That's a lot of what attracts me to the current love of my life. You can be the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, but if you can't discuss anything more complicated than which SPF level of suntan lotion to use, get away from me.

9:44 AM  
Blogger siren said...

Considering my state of mind, I'm going to do my best to be nice. Hmmm...most endearing...hmmm...

I'll have to think about it some more ;)

9:45 AM  
Blogger siren said...

Cissa and Phred - you both did a great job! And Fuzz, you're awesome.

I have to agree with Cissa...all of those qualities are very endearing. For me, the qualities I find attractive in a man are humor and intelligence. And while I never looked at it before...I do believe confidence is really important too.

5:58 PM  
Blogger RAVEN the PITA said...

Cissa you nailed that one perfectly!!! It gives me encouragement that you and other chicks have been lucky enough to find that!

Fred - nothing wrong with being a slave babe! ;-)

4:43 AM  
Blogger Crazy Dan said...

NO Phred I think you did a great job of explaining, and will gladly respond to any hate mil you might have. Servants heart damn Phred you are the man!

12:15 PM  
Blogger angel, jr. said...

Good job!!!
Yes, I definitely agree that a woman needs to quietly tell us her opinions. I too, do much better when spoken to rather than when screamed at. In fact, I completely shut down when I hear a screaming voice, even if it isn't directed at me.

4:16 PM  
Blogger phred said...

I would like to say that Cissa was a gracious , and worthy opponent.
(This was a '' touchy subject ''). Everybody was well mannered with their comments.
I totally had fun, and would do it again.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous the weirdgirl said...

Excellent, excellent post you two! (And the comments were great too.) Cissa, I'm with you on all three counts. Phred, though I don't agree with your word choice, I do agree with your sentiment. I just wish that more men could have Phred's qualities and more women could also have Cissa's. I mean, I think people would be much improved if more men and women had all six of these qualities!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Mojotek said...

First off, great topic for a post! I really enjoyed the responses from boths sides.

Secondly, I'm equally impressed that no one really took Phred's post the wrong way. Which could have been easy to do if you just skimmed over it.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I want most in a woman:

(1)Voluptousness. I want a woman whose body is healthy--not emaciated, like that of most celebrity women of today.

(2)Pretty face. There's no perfect face, but I want her to have a very feminine-looking one.

(3)An heir of innocence. I don't expect her to be a virgin, but do want her to act like one. There's nothing that turns me on more than a nice girl. Nice guys finish last (that's why no women find me attractive); but nice girls finish first, for me.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home